***SIAMS Report 2015 - Outstanding***
Our last inspection was 31 October 2012. Ofsted said…
This is a good school.
- Pupils make good progress. They read well and their handwriting is neat and legible.
- Standards in reading, writing and mathematics have gone up significantly over the past two years.
- The large majority of pupils reach the nationally expected standards in their tests. Each year more and more pupils do better than this.
- The school is well led and managed. The leadership of teaching is a strength.
- Teaching is good in every class and sometimes it is outstanding. Lessons are active and fun.
- Pupils are keen to do well. They work hard and discuss work sensibly with a partner. They work well on their own and in groups.
- Attendance has gone up each year for the past three years. It is above average. Few pupils arrive late, because they enjoy coming to school.
- Pupils feel safe. Older pupils take care of younger ones at break and lunchtimes. Pupils are kind to each other and play well together.
- The curriculum enlivens pupils’ learning. It develops their confidence, awareness and appreciation of art, music and other subjects, and excites their curiosity.
- The school has improved considerably since the last inspection. School leaders know exactly what the school needs to do to improve further.
- Governors support and challenge the school to good effect. This school continues to get better.
You can also see the Performance data at the Department for Education government website at https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/107550.
Click here to see the School Performance Table which gives the latest End of KS2 Outcomes Report (July 2017) and End of KS1 Outcomes Report (July 2017). The document also gives details of the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (July 2017).
National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) Report
Our last inspection was January 2015. The inspection grade awarded was Outstanding.
You can see the full SIAMS report by clicking on this link Elland CE VA JI+N Jan2015.