Parents and carers find some of these documents useful. You may request a paper copy of these documents by completing the Contact Form.
Information on the School Nursing Team is available here.
Resources To Support Children's Wellbeing During Lockdown
Coping With Childhood Stress
This is a resource for parents and carers to help support their children and themselves with the feelings of stress, worry and uncertainty in these current circumstances
We hope you find it useful and help us share it.
Emotional Health and Wellbeing
This resource library has been created to store various mental health and emotional wellbeing resources for children, young people, families and professionals.http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/category/resource-library/
- Kooth - Your online mental wellbeing community - https://www.kooth.com/
- Positive identities - Calderdale Identity Youth Group offers LGBTQ children and young people aged 12-18 a safe space to meet with peers and be part of a range of social activities. The group is facilitated on weekly basis in the centre of Halifax. - https://www.barnardos.org.uk/what-we-do/services/positive-identities-calderdale-identity-lgbtq-youth-group
- Branching out - If you're aged between 10 to 21 and live in Calderdale, we can support you to make informed choices about your drug, alcohol and tobacco use - https://humankindcharity.org.uk/service/calderdale-branching-out/
- Time out - Time Out is for all 10-19 year olds in Calderdale. With a focus on emotional well-being, we connect young people with activities, opportunities, learning and support. - http://www.timeoutcalderdale.co.uk/
- NHS - https://www.cht.nhs.uk/home/
- CAMHS - The Open Minds Partnership is the new name for Calderdale CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services). - https://calderdalecamhs.org.uk/
Locala School Nurses - “Identifying health needs, managing long and short term conditions in education settings for children and young people aged 5 to 19 years”. - https://www.locala.org.uk/your-healthcare/school-nursing/calderdale-school-nurses/
Safety for Children
Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/
Preparing for Exams
The link below can help if you or your child are anxious about end of key stage tests, now or in the future.
Open Minds has a section on “Exam help & Support” for any children who want additional support http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/exam-help-calderdale/
Moving to high school is a challenge for children and parents. The documents below will help you prepare and ensure a successful transition.