Parents and carers find some of these documents useful. You may request a paper copy of these documents by completing the Contact Form.
Information on the School Nursing Team is available here.
Help For Day To Day Issues
Supporting Children Returning To School
Returning to education guides for children and young people, parents and carers and professionals
The Returning to Education Guides below outline some common worries and anxieties that students, parents/carers and staff may face on returning to school/college, and suggest strategies and resources which could support them.
Please click here to see the:
Worry Cards on Returning to Education – created by young people for students returning to education. The purpose of these cards is to help decrease stress levels and any worries or queries that students might have, especially for those who haven’t been in an education setting since due to the most recent lockdown. These top worries have been selected as the most frequent worries that students said they will face on returning to education.
A Parent's Guide To WhatsApp
Emotional Health and Wellbeing
This resource library has been created to store various mental health and emotional wellbeing resources for children, young people, families and professionals.http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/category/resource-library/
- Kooth - Your online mental wellbeing community - https://www.kooth.com/
- Positive identities - Calderdale Identity Youth Group offers LGBTQ children and young people aged 12-18 a safe space to meet with peers and be part of a range of social activities. The group is facilitated on weekly basis in the centre of Halifax. - https://www.barnardos.org.uk/what-we-do/services/positive-identities-calderdale-identity-lgbtq-youth-group
- Branching out - If you're aged between 10 to 21 and live in Calderdale, we can support you to make informed choices about your drug, alcohol and tobacco use - https://humankindcharity.org.uk/service/calderdale-branching-out/
- Time out - Time Out is for all 10-19 year olds in Calderdale. With a focus on emotional well-being, we connect young people with activities, opportunities, learning and support. - http://www.timeoutcalderdale.co.uk/
- NHS - https://www.cht.nhs.uk/home/
- CAMHS - The Open Minds Partnership is the new name for Calderdale CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services). - https://calderdalecamhs.org.uk/
Locala School Nurses - “Identifying health needs, managing long and short term conditions in education settings for children and young people aged 5 to 19 years”. - https://www.locala.org.uk/your-healthcare/school-nursing/calderdale-school-nurses/
Safety for Children
Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/
Preparing for Exams
The link below can help if you or your child are anxious about end of key stage tests, now or in the future.
Open Minds has a section on “Exam help & Support” for any children who want additional support http://www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk/exam-help-calderdale/
Moving to high school is a challenge for children and parents. The documents below will help you prepare and ensure a successful transition.